RAW Digital Image Editing Course (PC & Mac)
We are pleased to announce a new workshop in Raw image editing workflow for Adobe Lightroom 3, Aperture 3, and Photoshop!
This is an info packed, hands-on photo management and image editing digital workflow class using Adobe Lightroom 3, Aperture 3, Adobe Photoshop, or Nikon Capture NX2 for professional and enthusiast photographers.
You’ve taken the photos and want an all-in-one user friendly editing program for managing and enhancing large number of images?
Unsure of a simple post-production digital imaging workflow process?
Need to organize your photo library efficiently so you can spend more time behind the camera?
Want to learn quick image-editing techniques to improve your RAW and Jpeg images without affecting the original photos?
Unsure of when and how much to sharpen your image?
Need to understand the important issue of pixel resolution for website, email and print?
Digital photography is more than just capturing images in the camera; it is also about editing, enhancing and show casing them on websites such as Flickr, slideshows, ipad /iphone or in print such as photo books or framed fine art prints. While Adobe Photoshop has long been the main choice and only real option for editing digital photographs, many photographers (professional and enthusiasts) are now using faster and more streamlined RAW editing software such as Lightroom, Aperture, etc. Designed specifically for digital photographers, these programs offer powerful non-destructive editing features to import, sort, organize and enhance Raw and Jpeg images easily. The benefit of non-destructive means that your original photos are protected even with Jpeg files, keeping your original images intact!
This half-day introduction course is for photographers (PC or Mac) who want to gain an understanding of these photo/image-editing tools so they can spend less time at the computer and more time behind the lens. We will cover RAW and Jpeg file management and processing, all in one easy-to-use workflow. You’ll also learn how to export edited images to work on Photoshop should you want to do further complex image retouching. Through demonstrations and hands-on instruction using your own laptop you will learn the key workflow techniques, from the initial image download steps and processing Raw/Jpeg files, to organizing and image enhancement steps and finishing with saving files to output for print and screen.
Pre-requisite: Must have basic computer skills, either Mac or PC. Students are required to bring their own laptops already installed with their choice of RAW editing software. (Trial versions Lightroom 3, Photoshop, Nikon Capture NX 2 and Aperture are available for download for PC and Mac from the internet. (Check system requirements first).
Group size: Max 10 persons.
Course duration: 4 hours (demonstrations and hands-on workshop)
Course suitable for: This intensive and fun photo/image editing course workshop has been designed for those wanting a professional yet simple digital imaging workflow process to improve their photos.
Course outline: We will demonstrate the beginning-to-end process for a simple digital workflow for importing, organizing and evaluating Raw and Jpeg images, followed by improving image quality quickly using the sliders and tools. You will gain an understanding of how to sharpen, save, output and resize files for printing and on-screen applications. During the session you will have time to work on your own images with guidance from the instructor.
The course covers:
* Steps for a simple digital workflow & comprehensive overview of key features of RAW editing software.
* Downloading RAW and Jpeg files, managing & organizing photos, adding keywords & meta tags easily.
* Using folders, collections, virtual copies, stacks & assigning ratings to manage photos into categories.
* Evaluate images quickly using: full screen mode, the zoom enlargement ‘loupe’ & ‘compare’ view.
* Adjusting white balance & exposure.
* Easy to use basic photo enhancement techniques for color & tone adjustments, cropping, straightening, removing digital noise.
* Improving quality of image by ‘cleaning up’ using retouch ‘heal’ tool, removing red-eye.
* Improving highlight clipping, shadows and contrast.
* Enhance or de-saturate color using vibrancy / saturation sliders.
* Converting an image to quality black and white / sepia.
* Synchronize adjustments across multiple images to save time (Batch Processing).
* Sharpening an image correctly for web/screen and print i.e. how much to sharpen?
* Outputting images: understanding pixel resolution – resizing images for print & web/email.
* Resolution & color space (Adobe RGB vs. SRGB).
* Saving and working with various file formats: Jpeg, RAW, Tiff, PS, GIF
* Importing, processing Raw and Jpeg images.
* Creating a simple digital workflow for organizing photo library.
* Master a few simple techniques to digitally enhance / correct photos.
* Learn the difference between file formats (RAW, Jpeg, Tiff, PS) and how to save files.
* Sharpening images correctly.
* Resizing, pixel resolution & color space for both printing (home inkjet printer vs photo lab) and web/email.
What to bring:
All participants must have and bring to the sessions a notebook computer with Photoshop CS2 or higher, or Lightroom 3, or Aperture 3, or Nikon NX 2, installed. Omnilargess cannot provide computer support. If you are having any difficulties with your computer or the installation of software, please contact your local computer support before the workshop.
Instructor: Ted Samzadeh
Date: SOLD OUT
Location: Room 204-32900 ( Seven Oaks Shopping Center) South Fraser Way,
Abbotsford, BC, V2S 5A1