Digital camera Photography workshop
You take two pictures but one is better than the other one! Why we like some photos? What makes good picture?
Just look at this image. You see a very strong light and saturation in this shot. You may have tried it before, but didn’t get the result that you wanted! How can you improve the Exposure settings?
Understanding different metering mode, White Balance, Histogram, ….. will help you creating better images. Come to this seminar to learn secrets of Exposure and Composition
DSLR Hands on Exposure and
This two-day hands-on workshop is specifically designed to help enthusiastic DSLR photographers understand the technical aspects of photography, Exposure, and artistic composition rules so they can get the most from their digital camera. It is ideal for people with digital SLR or Mirror-less cameras who want to learn which settings to use in a wide range of situations.
The workshop consists of two three-hour sessions. Both sessions include a mix of theory in the classroom and practical instruction. Participants have opportunities for shooting photographs on both days, as well as reviewing and discussing their images with an instructor.
Topics covered include:
– Understanding photographic terminology
– Breaking through the jargon in your camera manual
– Getting to know your camera’s controls, settings and menus
– Fundamental exposure variables — aperture, shutter speed and ISO
– Using apertures and f-stops to control depth of field
– Using shutter speeds to control motion effects
– Using ISO to influence aperture and shutter speed selection
– Using exposure compensation in difficult lighting conditions
– Features and functions unique to digital cameras
– White Balance — what it is and why it’s necessary
– Putting theory into practice …
– Techniques for improving camera handling and operation
– Practical exercises involving aperture, shutter speed, ISO
– Selecting exposure variables for different situations
– Review of images created during practical sessions
– Understanding the elements of composition
– Developing your visual awareness
This workshop is primarily intended for photographers using digital SLR cameras, but many manual capable digital compact cameras are also suitable. Each participant is expected to bring a digital camera with a fully charged battery, and memory card(s).
I- The first part of this session is about how to control the Exposure (bracketing, compensation, and more). Plus composition in Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, etc.(3 hours)
II- Next, you will have the chance to experiment with these new skills and bring the pictures to the second part of the session to discover what you could have done to make the pictures better. (3 hours)
Instructor: Ted Samzadeh
Date: February 2 and 16, 2012 From 4-8PM
Location: Room 204-32900 South Fraser Way,
Abbotsford, BC, V2S 5A1
You can bundle this workshop and Basic level 1
together and save $20.00.
For more digital photography classes please visit our workshop page.Share