- Chasing Shadows Pt 1
October 30, 2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Setting the camera for optimum Dynamic Range. Understanding Ansel Adams Zone System.
- Chasing Shadows Pt 2
October 30, 2021
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Field trip and working on different zones on the field.
- Chasing Shadows Pt 3
November 6, 2021
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Editing photos using Lightroom in the class using Zone System.
Event Phone: 604-744-1900
An Advanced 3-Part Photography Course
Chasing Shadows and Highlights
A 3-Part Advanced Photography Workshop in Composition and editing
In Photography, shadows and highlights play significant roles in adding depth to pictures. Understanding concepts of highlights and shadows help photographers to compose more artistic and dynamic images.
Chasing Shadows and Highlights is an advanced workshop for photographers who want to take their photography to the next level. It covers shadows and highlights, as well as shapes and textures. Photographers will learn how to use Ansel Adams’s Zone System to expand the camera’s dynamic range and edit photos efficiently using the Zone system.
Understanding the Zone System
Chasing Shadows and Highlights workshop is in three parts on two consequent Saturdays.
Part 1 October 30, 10 am to 12 pm.
It is a classroom session to learn Ansel Adams Zone System and apply it to your daily photography to expand the dynamic range.
Part 2 October 30, 1 pm to 3 pm.
It is an outdoor field trip to apply the Zone system, taking photos, and preparing images for editing.
Part 3 November 6, 9 am to 12 pm.
Bring your photos to this session and start to edit them using advanced editing techniques.
Topics are, but not limited to:
- Finding and Using Highlights and Shadows
- Highlights and Shadows in Landscape Photography
- Highlights and Shadows in Portrait Photography
- Finding and Using Shapes and Textures
- Advanced Editing Techniques In Lightroom or Photoshop
- And much more.
Course Suitable for:
Intermediate to Advanced users who want to be more creative and capture artistic images.
- Using Highlights and Shadows to add depth to the photographs
- Understanding Shapes and Textures and use them properly
- Enhancing the photo by placing the elements in the correct position (Shadow or Highlight)
- Using Zone System to expand the camera’s Dynamic Range
What to Bring
For this workshop, you need:
A Digital SLR or a Mirrorless Camera, Lens, Memory Card, Basic knowledge on operating your camera in Manual, Aperture or Shutter Priority. You will learn and practice Manual shooting and advanced editing techniques in this class.
Venue: High Street Office
Venue Phone: 604-217-6988
Venue Website: omnilargess.comAddress:
Free underground parking.
All participants must park in the mezzanine (underground parking) to avoid being towed.