April 30, 2014 – May 2, 2014
2582 Mt Lehman Road, #1
Learn Editing Techniques (PC & Mac)
Comprehensive workshops in Raw image editing workflow for Adobe Lightroom!
This is an info packed, hands-on photo management and image editing digital workflow classes using Adobe Lightroom for professional and enthusiast photographers.
Designed specifically for digital photographers, Lightroom offers powerful non-destructive editing features to import, sort, organize and enhance Raw and Jpeg images easily. The benefit of non-destructive means that your original photos are protected even with Jpeg files, keeping your original images intact!
Must have basic computer skills, either Mac or PC. Students are required to bring their own laptops already installed with Adobe Lightroom. (Trial version Lightroom is available for download for PC and Mac from the internet. (Check system requirements first).
Course suitable for:
This intensive and fun photo/image editing course workshop has been designed for those wanting a professional yet simple digital imaging workflow process to improve their photos.
The first level covers:
* Steps for a simple digital workflow & comprehensive overview of key features of RAW editing software.
* Downloading RAW and Jpeg files, managing & organizing photos, adding keywords & meta tags easily.
* Using folders, collections, virtual copies, stacks & assigning ratings to manage photos into categories.
* Evaluate images quickly using: full screen mode, the zoom enlargement ‘loupe’ & ‘compare’ view.
* Adjusting white balance & exposure.
Easy to use basic photo enhancement techniques for color & tone adjustments, cropping, straightening, removing digital noise.
In Level 2 You will discover:
Improving quality of image by ‘cleaning up’ using retouch ‘heal’ tool, removing red-eye.
* Improving highlight clipping, shadows and contrast.
* Enhance or de-saturate color using vibrancy / saturation sliders.
* Converting an image to quality black and white / sepia.
* Synchronize adjustments across multiple images to save time (Batch Processing).
* Sharpening an image correctly for web/screen and print i.e. how much to sharpen?
* Outputting images: understanding pixel resolution – resizing images for print
* Creating and using presets
* Saving and working with various file formats: Jpeg, RAW, Tiff, PSD,
In Level 3 You will discover:
* Using the Tone Curve to increase and decrease contrast
* Using Hue Saturation and Lightness to control each colour
* Fixing lens distortion with Lens Corrections
* Vignette and Grain effects
* B&W Color toning using each colour slider
* Advanced Adjustment Brush and Graduated filte
* Creating great looking Web Galleries
* Importing, processing Raw and Jpeg images.
* Creating a simple digital workflow for organizing photo library.
* Master a few simple techniques to digitally enhance / correct photos.
* Learn the difference between file formats (RAW, Jpeg, Tiff, PS) and how to save files.
* Sharpening images correctly.
Resizing, pixel resolution & color space for both printing (home inkjet printer vs photo lab) and web/email.
What to bring:
All participants must have and bring to the sessions a notebook computer with Adobe Lightroom installed. Omnilargess cannot provide computer support. If you are having any difficulties with your computer or the installation of software, please contact your local computer support before the workshop.
Tickets are $100.00 for individual sessions à la carte. The full Bootcamp ticket is $250.00 for all sessions. You can save $50.00 by registering for the full Bootcamp package.