DSLR Hands on Exposure and
These hands-on workshops are specifically designed to help enthusiastic Digital photographers understand the technical aspects of photography, Exposure, and artistic composition rules so they can get the most from their digital camera. It is ideal for people with digital SLR or Mirror-less cameras who want to learn which settings to use in a wide range of situations.
These workshops consists of two four-hour sessions. Both sessions include a mix of theory in the classroom and practical instruction. Participants have opportunities for shooting photographs on both days, as well as reviewing and discussing their images with an instructor.
Topics covered include:
– Understanding photographic terminology
– Breaking through the jargon in your camera manual
– Getting to know your camera’s controls, settings and menus
– Fundamental exposure variables — aperture, shutter speed and ISO
– Using apertures and f-stops to control depth of field
– Using shutter speeds to control motion effects
– Using ISO to influence aperture and shutter speed selection
– Using exposure compensation in difficult lighting conditions
– Features and functions unique to digital cameras
– White Balance — what it is and why it’s necessary
– Putting theory into practice …
– Techniques for improving camera handling and operation
– Practical exercises involving aperture, shutter speed, ISO
– Selecting exposure variables for different situations
– Review of images created during practical sessions
– Understanding the elements of composition
– Developing your visual awareness
These workshops are primarily intended for photographers using digital SLR cameras, but many manual capable digital compact cameras are also suitable. Each participant is expected to bring a digital camera with a fully charged battery, and memory card(s).
I- The first part of this session is about how to control the Exposure (bracketing, compensation, and more).
II- Second workshop is about composition Rules in Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, etc., you will have the chance to experiment with these new skills and learn about the artistic aspects of photography to create a more dynamic picture in a wide range of situations.
Class size is small to provide one to one interaction with instructor.
Instructor: Ted Karlsalr
Location: Omnilargess Office 209B-32900 South Fraser Way,
Abbotsford, BC, V2S 5A1 (Seven Oaks Shopping Centre)