How to Capture Ghosts this Halloween
Creating exciting tricks is the central part of our Halloween tradition. Ghostly images are very entertaining, especially to impress kids.
Simple Tip to Capture Ghost Pictures
Capturing Ghost images is simpler than you think. All you need is a camera, lens, and a tripod! Here is how to set things up:
- For the best result, the ambient light should not be too bright. So, Overcast, early morning or late afternoon are the best timings.
- We need to use a slow shutter speed. You can use shutter priority or fully manual.
- Set the shutter speed to 1 second or longer. If using shutter priority, your camera will set the aperture automatically. If shooting in manual, make sure to adjust the exposure correctly.
- Set the camera on a tripod, prefocus, and release the shutter.
- Then ask your model to walk into the frame, or you can walk into the frame.
That is all there is to it! Now, you have a ghost presence in photos!
I used the same setup to capture these images.
Do you want to learn more techniques?
Omnilargess Photography workshops focus on many hidden features in digital cameras and editing software, such as Lightroom and Photoshop.
Using the shutter speed effectively is so manageable. Photography Bootcamp Program covers many more artistic skills.
Our next Bootcamp starts on February 3, 2022. It is a six-week program and includes two field trips.
Digital Photography Bootcamp is one of our most popular photography courses, and I explain the Histogram in depth in this class. Check the link below for upcoming classes.
That is all for now. Stay tuned for my next photography Tips. We love to hear from you. Let us know if you have any questions, feel free to send us your questions, and we will be more than happy to answer them. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more Free Tutorials and Tips.
Ted and the Omnilargess Team