- Chasing Shadows Pt 5
June 19, 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Editing photos using Lightroom in the class using Zone System.
Event Phone: 604-744-1900
An Advanced 3-Week Photography Course
Chasing Shadows and Highlights
A 3-week Advanced Photography Workshop in Composition
In Photography, shadows and highlights play significant roles in adding depth to pictures. Understanding concepts of highlights and shadows help photographers to compose more artistic and dynamic images.
Chasing Shadows and Highlights is an advanced workshop for photographers who want to take their photography to the next level. It covers shadows and highlights, as well as shapes and textures. Photographers will learn how to spot these elements and use them to create fabulous photographs.
Understanding the Zone System
Chasing Shadows and Highlights workshop is on three consequent Saturdays. Each class consists of a 2 hours classroom session in the morning following a 2-hour field trip in the afternoon. This is an 11-hour workshop in total, with lots of practical and hands-on experiences.
Colours are so deceiving; therefore, we use only Black and White images.
Topics are, but not limited to:
- Finding and Using Highlights and Shadows
- Highlights and Shadows in Landscape Photography
- Highlights and Shadows in Portrait Photography
- Finding and Using Shapes and Textures
- Adding or Removing the Highlights or Shadows using Light Modifiers
- Advanced Editing Techniques In Lightroom or Photoshop
- And much more.
Course Suitable for:
Intermediate to Advanced users who want to be more creative and capture artistic images.
- Using Highlights and Shadows to add depth to the photographs
- Understanding Shapes and Textures and use them properly
- Enhancing the photo by placing the elements in the correct position (Shadow or Highlight)
- Uses of Light Modifiers in Photography
What to Bring
For this workshop, you need:
A Digital SLR or a Mirrorless Camera, Lens, Memory Card, Basic knowledge on operating your camera in Manual, Aperture or Shutter Priority. You will learn and practice Manual shooting in this class.
And lots of questions!
Venue: High Street Office
Venue Phone: 604-217-6988
Venue Website: omnilargess.comAddress:
Free underground parking.
All participants must park in the mezzanine (underground parking) to avoid being towed.